The number of miners retrieved in the ongoing search for more than 30 trapped miners in Chingola has risen to seven as another body buried.
Speaking during a media briefing in Chingola on Saturday, Copperbelt Minister, Elias Matambo, stated that the number of retrieved miners had reached seven, with only one retrieved alive so far.
“The number of miners retrieved in the ongoing mine accident has risen to seven and two more has been spotted and are being retrieved which will bring the number to nine,” Matambo reviewed.
Mines and Mineral Development Minister, Paul Kabuswe, said from the technical point of view, the retrieval process was delicate.
“Others are being found together in the mud making it difficult to make any movement, those people making insinuations that the process is taking long are not aware that this is not a normal mining, it is unconventional mining operations,” Kabuswe said.
Meanwhile, another mine Sylvester Kadimanga has been buried at Chingola Central Cemetery.
The burial service was attended by Matambo Kabuswe, Chingola District Commissioner, Raphael Chimupi, and Chingola Mayor, Johnstone Kang’ombe among others.
The burial procession was characterized by grief and sorrow as families broke down while the casket was being lowered.
The rescue team has continued searching for rest of trapped miners.
WARNING! All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express permission from ZAMBIA MONITOR.