Metro

17 suspects charged with riotous behavior, possession of offensive weapons in Western Province

0

The Zambia Police Service in Western Province says 17 suspects currently in custody at Mongu Correctional Facility have been charged with riotous behaviour and possession of offensive weapons.

Western Division Commissioner of Police, Godfrey Mwanza, said in a statement issued on Friday that the suspects were arrested and were currently in custody at the correctional facility.

“The 17 suspects have been charged with the offences of Riotous Behaviour and Possession of Offensive Weapons,” Mwanza said.

Read more: Police arrest 14 over Kitwe riots

He said the dockets relating to the matter had since been submitted to the National Prosecution Authority (NPA) for perusal.

“The dockets relating to the matter have since been submitted to the National Prosecution Authority (NPA) for perusal. Consequently, a specific date for the suspects’ appearance before court has not yet been set,” he said.

Mwanza said the suspects were expected to appear before court once all the necessary prosecutorial processes had been completed.

“The suspects are, however, expected to appear before court as soon as all the necessary prosecutorial processes are completed,” he said.

WARNING! All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express permission from ZAMBIA MONITOR.

Angélique Kidjo wins Hollywood Walk of Fame star, dedicates award to continent

Previous article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

18 − 1 =

More in Metro