International

Former U.S President, Biden, diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer

0

Former U.S. President, Joe Biden, has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer that has metastasized to his bones, according to a statement from his personal office released Sunday.

“Last week, President Joe Biden was seen for a new finding of a prostate nodule after experiencing increasing urinary symptoms.

On Friday, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, characterized by a Gleason score of 9 (Grade Group 5) with metastasis to the bone,” the statement said.

This is according to a report by CNN News.

While the cancer is advanced, it appears to be hormone-sensitive, which allows for effective management, the statement added.

Biden, 82, and his family are reviewing treatment options with his physicians.

The announcement comes days after a spokesperson said Biden had been evaluated for a “small nodule” found on his prostate.

Read more: Breaking! Biden succumbs to pressure, withdraws from November race, backs Harris

“Prostate cancer is very common,” said Dr. Jamin Brahmbhatt, a urologist and robotic surgeon at Orlando Health and assistant professor at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, who is not involved in Biden’s care.

“As we get older, most men are going to have little cancer cells in them.”

A Gleason score of 9 indicates the most aggressive form of prostate cancer, according to Dr. Benjamin Davies, a professor of urologic oncology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, who is also not involved in the case.

Biden is currently at his home in Wilmington, Delaware, according to a source familiar with the matter. CNN has inquired about where he is receiving treatment.

Health and age-related concerns followed Biden throughout his presidency, especially after his faltering performance during the June 2024 debate against Donald Trump.

In February 2024, Biden underwent a physical at Walter Reed National Military Center.

His physician, Dr. Kevin O’Connor, reported no new health concerns at the time and declared him “fit for duty.”

WARNING! All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express permission from ZAMBIA MONITOR.

ZESCO sues Savenda Insurance over K1.3 million performance bond dispute

Previous article

Police in Kasumbalesa begin manhunt for Congolese national who allegedly defiled 14 years old girl

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *